At Hudson we recognise the need for supporting families and our community. With this in mind we recently opened up our Nursery facilities to accommodate the Government’s new initiative to support families in providing free childcare for two year old children (15 hours).
In September 2017 we will also be opening our doors for some eligble children following the Governments new initiative; 30 hours free chilcare for 3-4 year olds.
Our Hudson Nursery is bright, spacious and welcoming, enabling children to safely explore, discover and create both indoors and outdoors. Not forgetting our purpose built Forest School which can be found outdoors, the only one in Maghull!
Our already established Nursery has recently been given a face lift and the local authority has invested thousands of pounds in renovations and adaptations. The Nursery is a sight to behold and offers the highest quality of care for your child. Uniquely staff bear teacher status or the highest level three teaching assistant and Early Years Practitioner qualifications.
You can see if you qualify for a free place for your two year old by enquiring within school or seeking further advice from your health visitor. However to meet the needs of our families we do offer paid places for your child, but these are limited. Do not hesitate to talk to a member of our office or Children’s Centre to find out what is on offer.
Our two year old nursery runs daily in five three hour sessions – from 8.50am until 11.50am, all children who are entitled to a free place will be offered all five sessions; however those paying for a place can chose how many days they would like to purchase at an introductory price of £10 per day. These paid places again are limited and must be pre booked.
Not forgetting our three year old Nursery. We are able to provide flexible nursery provision to suit you. Whether you prefer to take your five (3 hour) Early Education sessions over 5 mornings, 5 afternoons or 2.5 days, we will endeavour to meet your requirements.
We can also provide wrap around care for children aged 3 – 4 from 7.45am – 6pm, through our Breakfast Club, additional child care sessions and after school care. Our additional sessions are competitive in costs with a morning or afternoon session costing £10 and lunch sessions (from 12.00pm —12.30pm) costing £3. Furthermore, you will have the peace of mind knowing that your child is staying in a familiar place, with familiar faces.
One parent commented: ‘Hudson Nursery is a wonderful environment. We feel that our child receives the very best education, the school has a wonderful family feeling, we are listened to and our child is thriving’
Outstanding Nursery Provider
This Nursery is judged as ‘outstanding’ June 2014
It is outstanding because:
- The quality of teaching is outstanding because staff have an exceptional understanding of how children learn. They make thorough observations and use these to plan inspiring activities to meet the needs of all children. As a result, children are highly motivated and eager to learn.
- Children feel secure and make superb emotional attachments because staff know the children and their families very well and are loving, sensitive and attentive to individual needs.
- Children develop excellent early language skills because there is a very sharp focus on communication, physical, personal, social and emotional development. As a result, children are very well prepared for the next stage of learning.
- Highly effective partnerships with parents, carers and other professionals ensure that all children's individual needs are exceptionally well met.
- Staff have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the welfare and safeguarding requirements. Consequently, children are kept exceptionally safe while in their care.
- Leadership is inspirational. Robust management systems are in place based on
- highly effective monitoring systems and staff development is sharply focused on outcomes for children. As a result, all children make excellent progress from their starting points.